Toachi and Blanco river Rafting
Warm water, tropical rainforest and dozens of accessible rivers concentrated in such a small area have made Ecuador a unique place for rafters and kayakers. The Toachi and Blanco rivers are a fantastic introduction to the waters of Ecuador. Combine this with the sights and sounds of the forest environment we pass through and you are guaranteed a day to remember.
The Toachi and Blanco rivers are a blast for experienced rafters and have proved to be the beginning of a whitewater addiction for thousands of first-timers. Flowing off the coastal side of the Andes they have some of the longest navigable sections of whitewater in the country.
Rafting Adveture Itinerary
- The day starts when we pick you up from our Meeting Point at Magic Bean (7.00am corner of Foch y Juan León Mera). We travel west down through beautiful cloud forest to the shores of the river. The trip will take about 3 hours.
- Before setting off we will fit you with life jackets and helmets, give you a comprehensive safety briefing and train each crew in the paddling techniques needed to navigate our way down the river.
- During the trip we'll stop by the side of the river for a delicious picnic lunch including fresh tropical fruits and served with soft drinks, juice and water.
- At the end of the trip we celebrate a fun day on the river with a few ice-cold beers and return to Quito.
- Arrival time is approximately 7pm but may be earlier or later depending on the river level and traffic conditions.
- International Rafting Federation-certified guides
- Top-of-the-line rafting equipment
- Celebratory beers
- Transportation from Quito to the river and back
- A delicious riverside lunch, and
- Unsurpassed safety.
Requirements: No previous rafting experience is necessary. Minimum age is 12 years.
WHAT TO BRING:
- For on the river: swimsuit/shorts, tennis shoes/river sandals, sunglasses (with retention strap), baseball cap, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- For off the river: dry change of clothes (shirt, shorts or light long pants and a light jumper), shoes/boots, personal items (i.e. toiletries / medication).
You may also be interested in: Cotopaxi Biking Tour
Rafting Adveture Pictures